OPENING HOURS & ORDERING PROCEDURES
A message from KBM (COVID-19)
OUR LATEST UPDATE
We remain open on shortened hours of Monday to Friday 7.30 - 12 Noon and 1pm - 5pm
Please place your orders for delivery or collection. If you wish to collect we will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time to call at our premises. You should report to the trade counter on arrival and social distance etiquette should be followed at all times while on our premises.
Our latest update
Our top priority is the health and safety of our colleagues and the communities we work in.
In making decisions, we are also taking account of other important needs including supporting the nationwide response to the Covid-19 crisis, protecting livelihoods and supporting customers.
Throughout the UK lockdown the UK Government has supported the need to keep construction and the supply chain that supports it going, provided this can be done safely, following the health advice. Over the last five weeks, since our temporary shut-down, we’ve seen a significant shift in the wants and needs of our customers, many contacting us, asking that we support them in allowing them to continue to build.
From Monday 4th May we’ll begin a phased reopening of our branches, offering a delivery service from Keith branch initially and progressing to a ‘managed collection’ service over the coming weeks. During this time, we will be carefully monitoring the number of orders we process, as well as our operations to ensure we operate safely. We ask you to be patient with us, as we adapt and introduce our new ways of working, as well as respect the measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of our colleagues and customers.
We will continue to supply building materials for those critical health and society projects, and will now start to extend our services to trade customers across the construction and building industry where there is demand and product supply and only when we are able to do so safely.
We have redesigned our services for collection and delivery of building materials and introduced the following new measures, taking into account the Government and Industry advice and guidance for social distancing and hygiene:
- We will always contact you before delivery to make sure that your circumstances haven’t changed and that the site is safe to deliver to
- All deliveries will be kerbside only and must be done within social distancing guidelines
- Any goods that would originally be determined as a two-person lift will instead be on a pallet and offloaded to the kerbside
- All of your paperwork will be taped to pallets / goods on your delivery
- No signatures will be required, our drivers will print your name and will take a photo of the offloaded delivery (unless permission is refused) and the delivery ticket will be emailed to you where we have your details
- Call us and arrange a collection in advance, this will save you time and guarantee collection
- Our branch gates will be closed all of the time; a colleague will let you in when it is safe to do so
- We will direct you to a parking area while your order is prepared / brought to the loading area
- Goods will be brought to you and you will be directed where to load
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times, whilst on site unless told it is safe to load your vehicle
- We prefer not to handle any cash therefore we ask that all payments be made by card unless a trade account is held
- Clear signage indicating safe distancing and hygiene rules
- No access for customers to trade counter or warehouse areas
- Limiting access to each external area
- Dedicated hand sanitiser stations
- Social distancing measures in office areas
- Detailed instructions on how to maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards
From 4th may the following process should be taken for orders:
- Email your local branch with your order.
- Your branch will confirm the services available at that branch e.g. delivery service, managed collection service
Our absolute priority remains the safety of our colleagues, customers and the communities in which we serve. We will only be operating if our colleagues feel they can do so within the guidelines, they are empowered to make personal decisions to ensure safety is not compromised and we ask you respect and adhere to these new processes.
We would like to thank our customers, colleagues and business partners for their support and patience through these very difficult times.